E.C. Scranton Memorial LibraryLibraries & Museums / Municipal
In 1900 Miss Mary Eliza Scranton offered the Madison Library Association the use of a new, completely furnished, library building which she had built on the corner of Wall Street adjoining her family’s old home. The offer was accepted, books moved in, and in 1901 the Association dissolved and the E.C. Scranton Memorial Library was incorporated. Today the Scranton Memorial Library’s physical collection has grown to 116,000 items and serves a population of approximately 18,000.
CES is providing design for the mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection systems for the addition and renovation to this historic library. The existing Scranton Library is approximately 24,000 square feet and the proposed addition to the library is approximately 9,000 sq. ft. The expansion of the Library will include an addition and renovations to the 1965 and 1989 wings, historic restoration to the original Bacon building, and improving landscape, parking, and access for the entire complex.