University of Hartford - Shaw Center at Hillyer CollegeCommissioning / Higher Education
This new, two-story addition to Hillyer Hall, named The Shaw Center, is complete with state-of-the-art classrooms, a conference room, large common area with a two story open space with sky lights for natural lighting and faculty offices with the second floor offices overlooking the student commons. CES provided MEP engineering design services as well as commissioning services for this facility.
New energy efficient HVAC systems include a central station air handling unit with hot water and chilled water connected to the campus’ central plants. The AHU incorporates VAV boxes and CO2 direct ventilation controls and new energy efficient lighting was installed throughout the building.
The Cx Scope of work includes:
- All equipment of the HVAC controlled by the BAS
- Building Automation System itself.
Commissioning Tasks include the following:
- Request and review of additional information required to perform cx tasks, including O&M Manuals, startup reports and checkout procedures
- Spot check of the TAB report
- Development of the functional performance test procedures for equipment and systems within the scope of work
- Performance and documentation of functional performance tests
- Deferred testing if necessary
- Maintenance of Master Deficiency and Resolution Log
- Review of equipment warranties, review of O&M Manuals
- Compilation of the final Commissioning Record